G E R L I
Groupe d'Etude et de Recherche
Toulouse October 23-26
"MICROBE AND HOST LIPIDS"
From infections to microbiota and imaging
THOSE OF YOU WHO WILL ARRIVE ON SUNDAY, WE JUST REALIZED THAT A MARATHON RACE
WILL TAKE PLACE IN TOULOUSE AND THAT THE DOWNTOWN WILL BE CLOSED TO TRAFFIC
FROM 8:00 am to 4:30 pm. IF YOU HAD PLANNED TO TAKE A TAXI FROM THE AIRPORT,
THEIR TRAFFIC MIGHT BE HIGHLY PERTURBATED UNTIL 5 p.m. AND WE SUGGEST:
1. FROM THE AIRPORT: THE TRAM (you are on the line T2, see pdf enclosed) WILL BRING YOU TO THE METRO STATION CALLED "ARENES". THERE, YOU CATCH THE METRO (you are on the line A) WHICH WILL TAKE YOU DOWNTOWN (YOUR TICKET IS VALID BOTH IN TRAM AND METRO.
2. FROM THE TRAIN STATION: YOU CATCH THE METRO (you are on line A) WHICH TAKE YOU DOWNTOWN .
DO NOT TAKE A 3 DAYS PASS, AS WE WILL PROVIDE YOU WITH 3 RETURN TICKETS AT REGISTRATION.
WE HOPE YOU WILL GO SUCCESSFULLY THROUGH THESE UNEXPECTED PERTURBATIONS.
- We remind you that the introductory conference by Pr Hugues Chap will be given on Sunday at 6 p.m. in Toulouse downtown (Hôtel d'Assézat, Clémence Isaure room) and will be followed by a cocktail at Brasserie des Arcades (Capitole Place). Hôtel d'Assézat (which is actually an old mansion and not an "hotel") is within a walking distance from anywhere downtown (see the map on the website). Alternatively, you may take the metro and stop at the station "Esquirol" on line A. As a consequence of the traffic perturbation on Sunday, the check-in will start at 5 p.m. only in Hôtel d'Assézat.
- To reach the conference room in
Hôpital Pierre-Paul Riquet on Monday morning, the best option from downtown
is to take the metro line A (direction Basso Cambo), stop at the station "Arènes",
and then take the tram (line T1 or T2; direction "Aéroconstellation"
or "Airport" respectively) and stop at the station "Purpan".
The conference room is almost in front of the tram station. The whole trip from
downtown should take you from 25 to 35 min.
The check-in on Monday morning will start at 8 a.m. (you will be welcome by a coffee) and the meeting at 8.50 a.m.
A guided visit of Toulouse is planned on Monday at 6:30 pm. The meeting point will at "Donjon du Capitole" downtown.
- For any information on the directions and the program, go to the website (prefer the English version, which is the most updated, by clicking on the Union Jack flag): https://gerli.sciencesconf.org/
- Weather during the meeting is supposed to be both sunny and cloudy, with scattered showers on Monday (we hope not during the visit in town), with temperature ranging from 13° in the morning to 20° celsius in the afternoon.
We look forward to meeting you in Toulouse next week.
We wish you a nice trip to Toulouse in your way to the meeting!